1. Definitions . The Customer – is the individual or Company for whom the work is carried out. The Repairer – is Kinellar Guitar Studios.
2. Estimates. Any estimate given shall be provisional and subject to variation in price of parts & materials should they alter between the date of estimate and date of repair. It will also vary dependent on further work or parts found to be necessary to undertake the original requested repair or additional faults found or instructed. Best endeavours will be made to make contact and gain authorisation but may not always be possible. A charge maybe made for any estimate, but is refundable in full, if goods have not left the premises prior to repair. All estimates are exclusive of parts.
3. Restrictions. The Repairer reserves the right to refuse to carry out work on any instrument considered to render it unsafe.
4. Payment. Unless pre-agreed arrangements are in place all work must be paid for before the instrument/ goods are released. We do not accept cheques or payment by card. Payments can be made by PayPal or by cash on collection.
5. Guarantee. Most components & labour to fit will be guaranteed as per manufacturers, subject to the goods being returned to the Repairer as required. The Repairer will not guarantee any work against faulty workmanship if goods are taken before completion or tampered with after. These guarantees do not extend to wear & tear, monetary or compensation claims or consequential &/or additional losses.
6. Workmanship. The Repairer will at all time carry out repairs/ adjustments to the best of their ability, but cannot foresee any other faults that may appear during the original assignment.
7. Collection. The Repairer will only release the instrument to the customer unless requested by the customer to release the goods to the customer’s agent. In any event payment must be received before release of the instrument(s) or goods.
8. Sub-Contract. It may be necessary on occasions for the Repairer to instruct specialists or sub-contractors to carry out part of the repairs but in doing so the Repairer will only instruct suitable bodies.
9. Delays. The Repairer will use best endeavours to complete repairs by the date requested but cannot accept liability for delays resulting from availability of parts or other reasons beyond their control.
a) The Repairer will take reasonable care of the instrument whilst in its custody.
b) Where, by agreement with or on instruction of the Customer, the instrument is left outside the premises, before or after normal business hours; any risk, loss or damage whatsoever and however caused, will be the Customers responsibility. Nothing herein is intended to affect, nor will it affect a Consumers Statutory Rights under the Supply of Goods and Services Act.